Monument Installation Regulations
1. No monument, marker or other structure shall be placed on any lot until full payment has been made for the lot and a deed issued.
2. Monuments shall be of a size and general appearance, harmonious, but not necessarily identical, with others in the Section in which installation is to be made.
3. Monuments must be constructed completely of natural stone or standard bronze. No monument shall be permitted which utilizes colors, artificial enhancements, litho or equivalent; no photos allowed.
4. One monument or marker shall be permitted on a lot. It shall be centered between the sidelines of the lot and the base area shall not exceed 10% of the lot surface area. The length of each side of a monument shall not exceed 50% of the length of the lot line it faces or parallels, or 24 inches, whichever is greater. Monuments or markers intended to be placed with the face flat on the ground, shall be installed so that the face or top is at ground level with no part extending above such level. Monuments shall be at least six inches in thickness, and must be at least three inches from the rear line of the lot.
5. There shall be permitted on a double or larger lot, as defined by the Board of Trustees, or grouping of two or more adjoining lots in common ownership, only one marker or monument extending above ground level, the base area of which shall not exceed 10% of the surface area of the lot or grouping of lots on which it is placed, and the length of each side of which shall not exceed 50% of the lot line or continuous lot lines in common ownership, which it faces. In addition there may be located on such double or larger lots or grouping of lots, one monument or marker for each burial, the face of which shall be at ground level with no part extending above such level, and no side of which shall exceed 24 inches in length.
6. Markers in infant burial sections shall be at ground level with no part extending above such level, and shall be no larger than 16” x 8” in size.
7. Markers in veterans sections shall be at ground level with no part extending above such level, and shall be as provided by the veterans service agency, and shall be no larger than 24” x 12”.
8. Any person interred shall have the right of memorial in accordance with the cemetery rules and regulations.
9. Height restrictions may apply for monuments on single and multiple lots and shall be determined by the Superintendent prior to approval of such monument.
10. In Sections where the front line of lots has not been established by usage, the Board of Trustees acting through such committee as it may designate, shall determine the front line of lots.
11. All foundations will be constructed by or under the direction of the Superintendent, and the bases of monuments and markers shall be finished true and level so as to fit solidly upon foundations without the necessity of wedges or sprawls. No monument may be delivered in the cemetery until the foundation is installed and ready.
Lot owners planning to erect a monument must make arrangements with the Superintendent before ordering from the monument dealer. The former will determine whether the proposed installation complies with regulations and will have the required foundation installed.